Keeping Your Data Safe
With more instances of crypto viruses and ransomware, off-site backups have become an essential part of any IT system. Interpro have a proven track record of recovering files lost to encrytion viruses, such as the WannaCry ransomware of May 2017. Not only do we implement effective backups, we provide antivirus protection, email scanning and next generation advanced firewalls.
Traditional off site backups have involved expensive and slow tape machines or multiple external hard drives, both of which are swapped daily. These are difficult to monitor and are a hassle for staff to swap take off site each day. The alternative is to store the media in a fireproof safe on site which can be costly and is only rated for a certain level of protection. Data retention and recovery can also be difficult and slow.
Benefits of a Cloud Backup
- Double protection – Data held on cloud servers are backed up and monitored
- Completely automated, no manual intervention required
- Daily confirmation emails sent
- Instant data recovery, no waiting for hard drives or tapes to be retrieved
- Stored cloud backups are not affected by encryption viruses
- Incremental backups available, meaning less data transferred to the cloud than local full backups each night
- No initial financial outlay
- Only pay for the data you store
- If your backed up data quantity increases, you can increase your package at any time, or even reduce it after archiving
As high speed internet has become more available and cost effective, a better solution is to back up off site to a secure data centre. Backups are fully automated and can be easily monitored. The recovery process is very straight forward and data can easily be restored.
Interpro offer very competitive rates for online backups.
Co-Location and Server Failover
An off site and cloud backup alternative would be to co-locate your server with Interpro and have an effective and live server failover. This server would either be hosted with Interpro or elsewhere in the country and would be a replication of your current server. Having a replicated server away from your premises will help your business continue during any local power outages or other local disaster.
There are varying levels of failovers, ranging from servers which replicate once a day, to ones which run in parallel with your live server. In the event that you experience a disaster, your failover server would step up and take over the role of main server, allowing your business to continue to trade. Combined with remote working and an IT Support contract with Interpro, this disaster recovery solution could have almost minimal down time.