An opportunity has arisen for an experienced 1st/2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join our growing team of Engineers to support multiple companies with their IT requirements. You will be based at our offices in Fareham and may have visits to clients in the local area including Portsmouth, Southampton and the surrounding areas.
Your duties will include:
- Providing both remote and onsite support to Microsoft Windows users.
- Supporting servers and networks to a 2nd line support level.
- Answering telephone support calls and providing remote support.
- Occasional visits to client sites for onsite support.
- Regular reporting to management.
- Problem management and escalation to 3rd line support.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate confidence.
- Have great communication skills with a good eye for detail.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with users at all levels.
- Have an ability to self-manage priorities, use initiative and to remain calm under pressure.
You must have:
- 2 years of commercial IT support experience.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot all manner of IT related issues.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites from 2003 up to 2019 and Office 365.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Desktop O/S from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Experience of using helpdesk software such as ConnectWise or Autotask.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server O/S from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016.
- Good knowledge of PC hardware and components.
- Good understanding of networking technologies, services and protocols.
- Network troubleshooting abilities.
- Hardware and Software installation and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to gain basic level security clearance.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please send your CV and a covering letter to us using the form below. Please include your current salary level and expectation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES