An opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our growing team and support multiple companies with their IT requirements. You will be based at our offices in Fareham and may have regular visits to clients in the local area including Portsmouth and Southampton.
With a minimum of 3-4 years IT experience, your duties will include:
Providing both remote and on-site support to users. Supporting client/server environment and networks to a 3rd Line Support level. Acting as an escalation point for our 1st/2nd Line engineers. Specifying suitable IT solutions for client projects. Planning and implementing projects at client sites. Regular reporting to management.
The successful candidate must:
Demonstrate confidence in your work. Have great communication skills in person and on the phone, with a good eye for detail. Have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with users at all levels. Have an ability to self-manage tasks and priorities, use initiative, remain calm under pressure and be highly organised. Have excellent technical knowledge, and able to demonstrate from previous experience. Lead by example and be a strong team player.
You must have:
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot all manner of IT related issues and use your initiative when unsure.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience in Cloud Services - Office 365 & One Drive/SharePoint Online
- Knowledge of Administering/Installing Microsoft Windows O/S Desktop/Server (Server 2008 R2 to Server 2019)
- Good knowledge of PC hardware and components.
- Fundamental understanding of hosted environments. (Web, Virtual Server, Dedicated)
- Good understanding of network technologies, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs and having the ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to install/administer Firewall/Switches/Routers
- Good Knowledge of Windows Server technologies Active Directory, Group Policy,
- Experience and knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, VMware and/or Hyper-V
- An understanding of Mail Servers, (Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, IMAP and POP)
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and improving their skills and knowledge
- A proven track record in managing customer relationships and providing excellent customer service in a customer delivery environment
- Knowledge of working with SLAs and using support ticketing systems to ensuring tickets are closed off and followed up on.
- Confidence to push back and say “no” when expectations are not aligned with the correct/agreed/sold solution
- Must be able to gain basic level security clearance and or DBS check for working with MOD sites and projects.
- Must hold a full UK driving license.
Though not essential, the ideal candidate would also have experience or knowledge with:
- macOS and iOS
- Veeam Software Applications
- An understanding of some the following technologies:Broadband, Leased Lines (Copper and Fibre), Telephony (Traditional and VoIP), Network Design, Load Balancing.
- DrayTek and Fortinet Firewall/Routers
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please send your CV and a covering letter to us using the form below. Please include your current salary level and expectation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES